Amazon is set to be the largest investor in Deliveroo’s Series G funding round.
Deliveroo today announces that Amazon is leading a new $575MM Series G preferred shared funding round, alongside existing investors T. Rowe Price, Fidelity Management and Research Company, and Greenoaks.
This takes the total Deliveroo has raised to date to $1.53bn.
With this funding, Deliveroo will continue to build its world-class service—bringing customers the food they want whenever and wherever they want it, offering even more work for riders, and helping restaurants to grow their businesses by reaching new customers. The new investment will contribute to:
- Growing Deliveroo’s engineering team based in its London headquarters, creating more high-skilled jobs and building on London’s growing reputation as a tech hub.
- Expanding Deliveroo’s delivery reach in order to continue offering its service to new customers.
- New innovations in the food sector, for example through delivery-only super kitchens “Editions”, as well as new formats that will help restaurants expand to new areas at a lower cost and lower risk, bringing more choice to local neighbourhoods.
- Development of new products for customers to offer a more personalised experience, increased support for restaurant partners, and new tools to offer riders flexible and well-paid work.
- Will Shu, founder and CEO of Deliveroo, said: “This new investment will help Deliveroo to grow and to offer customers even more choice, tailored to their personal tastes, offer restaurants greater opportunities to grow and expand their businesses, and to create more flexible, well-paid work for riders.
“Amazon has been an inspiration to me personally and to the company, and we look forward to working with such a customer-obsessed organisation.
“This is great news for the tech and restaurant sectors, and it will help to create jobs in all of the countries in which we operate.”
“We’re impressed with Deliveroo’s approach, and their dedication to providing customers with an ever increasing selection of great restaurants along with convenient delivery options,” said Doug Gurr, Amazon UK Country manager. “Will and his team have built an innovative technology and service, and we’re excited to see what they do next.”